Sunday, May 15, 2011

Spring (more like Dive Head First) into Spring!

Is it mid-May alreadyyyy???? Sheesh!  So...I sort of got side-tracked and distracted from this blogging thing - I'll do better I promise! A lot has happened in the past almost two months and I am t-i-r-e-d.  More wedding planning, baby showers, birthdays, kickball tournaments, bootcamps, dragon boat races, and bridal showers than I can almost handle and many many more fun events to come!  As excited as I am for what the next three months will bring, I can't help but feel more and more anxious and stressed (a good stress) as we goet closer to August!  Being a control freak and extreme worrier does not help the planning process either! Actually it doesn't help anything. Ever.


In April, my amazing BM's threw me the most beautiful Bridal Shower - it was Breakfast at Tiffany's themed - which I LOVE!!! Audrey Hepburn is one of my idols along with Cinderella, Bethenny Frankel, and Lil' Bit (what?... she's been through a lot!).  My girlfiriends put so much thought and effort into the day and I am so lucky to have such great friends and family who care enough to make such a special time in my life even more special!!!!  From the tiffany boxes, to the flowers and decor, to the food and cupcakes, the story they wrote and the gorgeous Tiffany vase they all got me - I can't believe how wonderful it turned out! :) Thanks again girlz <3


This past Friday, I graduated from Leadership Grand Strand!!! Woo hoo!  LGS is a nine-month leadership and philanthropy program; the MB Chamber selects folks from all different ages and professional backgrounds to come together and learn more about the Grand Strand and local community service, and promotes and encourages future leaders in the area.  I had the absolute honor to be in Class 31 (Thirty-FUN) with some of the most respectable and kind-hearted people I have ever met.  It was truly an honor to stand with them on graduation night. They mean the world to me!


And who didn't watch the Royal Wedding - I took notes.  I mean it's not every day you get married the same year as royalty.  It is kind of funny because my Mom always thought it was so cool that I was born the same year as Prince William (and I think she secretly thought I would be Kate -- dream big Mom!) and now we are getting married the same year! I am sure if PW knew me or Jason, he would be honored as well.  Maybe they'll push back their Honeymoon a few months and we'll meet up with them in Hawaii.....it could happen.


So much more to write and so much more going on, but I have to vaccuum and then change clothes to go fishing with my fiance.  Yep.  Fishing rocks and you should try it.  J is completely obsessed with fishing lately.  He has recently purchased a basket and other gear/attachments for his bike - not for the dogs, not for a sweet romantic bottle of wine or picnic basket, but rather, for...his tackle box and fishing crap.  He just ran to Bass Pro to get more bait and other stuff I can't pronounce and don't care about :) Oh, I love him and I enjoy fishing too so it works just like everything else about us. Yay for soulmates.


Til next time my friends.
Good afternoon, good evening and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment